I have fun news. Hilarious, charming, all around GOOD EGG Courtney over at RWT has awarded me this Kreativ Blog award. I am knocked right off my rocker! Thank you so much, Friend! You rock. First, I am given the plumb task of awarding the blog award to 7 other bloggies. My props to the talented Al, A, Kate, Jill, Trinity, Meg and Holly. If you have already gotten this award once, I am sorry, but I am still pretty new to blog-land and you get it AGAIN! You are that great! Fabulous writers, amazing story-tellers and uplifting bloggies. Yay!
Now I will fulfill part two of this great honor. Seven things about myself that others may not know!
1. I’m a magazine addict. Recently, I’ve developed a weird obsession with reading about the people behind Ponzi schemes (those crazy financial scams that have been all over the news lately) in magazines like Vanity Fair.
2. I love hoodie sweatshirts. I have at least half a dozen…in gray, black, blue, green polka dot, etc etc.
3. I have zero sense of direction. I was born without that internal compass everyone else got. It’s a little bit ridiculous how navigationally-challenged I am, I will admit it.
4. My favorite kind of flower? Yellow roses. My Mom always has fresh ones in a vase on my bedside table when I go home to visit. Daisies are a close second.
5. My hubs and I had our first kiss over a skillet of scrambled eggs he cooked for us in the middle of the night. It was Halloween nine years ago. We have been cooking together ever since!
6. Once I discover a song I like, I play it over and over and over again on my Nano. Right now I am loving “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. And I would like to add that, for the record, I found this song before it played on Gossip Girl and Community.
7. I believe in lucky charms and lucky numbers (mine is 7!). Two fave charms: First, a tiny plastic pink pig hubs gave me years ago, I always zip it into my pocket on marathon days. Second, a tiny green felt man called a “Pocket Pal,” which Santa put in my stocking many, many years ago. He has come with me to some very big life events—SATs, job interviews, etc. And I just had an epiphany: Clearly Pocket Pal will start accompanying me to the RE!