While I have been contemplating how many more days of BC I have left to take and the state of my left ovary (hahaha), some pretty awesome awards have been circulating in blog-land. And I have been lucky enough to get a couple from some of my favorite bloggers. First up, the Beautiful Blogger award! The rules follow….
1. Thank and link to the FABULOUS bloggie who nominated you. My hugest thanks to Bunny, Basic Girl, Missy, Low Fat Lady (LFL actually nominated me for the Blogger BFF award, but it’s very similar to this one and might take me another week to post!), Tio and Finch. You guys are awesome writers and wonderful women and I love visiting your blogs to find out what’s up in your worlds each day. In short: You rock.
2. Place the award in your blog. (Finally!)
3. Try to stop thinking about your cyst and a March cycle for a little while and instead come up with seven random & interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate seven amazing bloggies and link to them. I have been such a slacker on this front that I will refrain from (re-)bestowing this awesome award upon all of you lovely ladies. If anyone out there has not received this award, put it up on your blog now, from me to you!
1. French fries and brussels sprouts: I’m equally obsessed. That kind of sums me up, in a way. I love splurging, but I’m generally pretty healthy.
2. Hubs and I met in Latin class our freshman year of college. I think it’s kind of awesome we’ve known each other since we were 18 years old.
3. I played soccer, basketball and tennis in high school and college. I have slowly fizzled out on keeping them all up as an “adult.” This is a very boring thing about me, but I wanted to share it in case you thought I came out of the womb running marathons. I did not…running was always a necessary evil of playing sports. Then I got addicted somewhere around age 22, when I suddenly had no organized sports activities to let off steam.
4. I have an older brother, younger sister and younger brother. Hubs has a little brother and little sister and a bunch of cousins. I love being from a big family!
5. I’ve always wanted to live in Portland, Oregon. Probably not ever in the cards for us, but I love that city. (My grandparents retired to Oregon so I grew up visiting them there.) My secret dream is that I work for Nike and wear sneakers to work every day and drink lots and lots of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. After putting my three children to bed, natch. 🙂
6. I am kind of of obsessed with birds. Like, cute and happy birds. I have a lamp with birds carved onto it (sounds creepy, is very cute, check it out). I commissioned a friend of a friend to do two bird paintings for our kitchen (actually they are kind of creepy). Hubs doesn’t get it, but he loves me anyway.
7. I’m currently stocking pomegranate juice (to improve lining!) and grapefruit juice (to improve CM!) in my cupboard. I’ll probably invest in some pineapple juice down the road too—cuz I heard it helps with implantation. What, did you think I could go a whole seven things without talking about getting pregnant?! Not a chance.
Next up! Mama Courtney at The Road Worth Traveling nominated me for the HAPPY 101 Award. Thank you so much, Bestie! The rules are: List 10 things that make you happy!
1. Waking up before the alarm goes off and realizing I still have a couple hours left to sleep. Ahhh.
2. Making hubs “pay the toll” (give me a smooch) when he walks down the hall past my study. Also known as “violent affection” in our household (when you are overwhelmed by the extreme cuteness of the other person and become physically incapable of not folding them up into a bear hug that instant).
3. The clear-headed, tired, happy feeling I get after I go running.
4. Clean, crisp sheets. I would change them every day if I could.
5. I love shower and bath products. My all-time fave body scrub is Brown Sugar Body Polish by Fresh. It’s pricey, so I tend to save it for big days at work or before a special night out. I also love Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser. You use it and feel like your world is right again, like you just got a spa treatment—it’s that good.
6. Ugg boots. I know they are hideous, but I love traipsing around the apartment in them and some “lounge pants after a long day at work. Also known as my “domestic outfit.”
7. Cooking. (And eating.) I think you all probably gathered that from the amount I talk about it! Last night hubs and I made pasta from scratch and homemade bolognese sauce. It was LEGIT!
8. Getting a handwritten letter in the mail. Isn’t it just the best? My Mom and I write each other letters.
9. LOST, my very, very favorite TV show. ‘Nuff said! (It’s on tonight!)
10. A day off work. We got President’s Day off yesterday and I loved every second of it.